TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
With a suite of more than a dozen products, including TikTok, Douyin, Toutiao, Helo and Resso, ByteDance now has a portfolio of applications available in over 150 markets and 75 languages.
The AR Effect engineering team has been focusing on delivering innovative and high quality visual effects and augmented reality applications which integrates into TikTok's video editing and camera apps. Our mission is to delivery the whole Effect framework and platform which power TikTok's creative video editing capabilities, camera filters, 3D and AR camera effects, and bring that fun and delightful experience directly to our users.
• Enable new capabilities for TikTok's AR Effect platform by exploring new technologies and transforming them into interactive tools, prototypes and templates for AR effects around the camera.
• Work closely and collaborate with other interactive engineers, designers, software engineers and researchers to improve effect creation tools, implement new tool or product features, build new capabilities and provide support for TikTok Effect platform.
• Define and implement creative effect templates and tools that will influence our effect creation platform community.
• Develop and maintain reusable systems, tools and pipelines to enhance the interactive engineer team and design team's development efficiency.
• Prototype and define product features that software engineers will implement.
• Optimize effect art production workflow for 2D/3D designers.
• A great portfolio featuring immersive technology (e.g. AR, VR, XR, games, interactive apps).
• 3+ years of experience in interactive or game programming, tool development and/or pipeline development.
• Solid background in programming and prototyping using real-time 3D engines and AR engines including but not limited to Unity, Unreal, Lens Studio and SparkAR.
• Working knowledge of object-oriented programming.
• Fundamental knowledge of interactive/game frameworks, asset pipelines, real-time rendering pipelines and shader development.
• Familiarity with various asset creation tools such as Maya, Blender, Houdini, Substance Designer, Z-Brush and Marvelous Designer.
• Passionate about TikTok, augmented reality, as well as creating the most fun, original and creative ideas and experiences.
Additional Desired Requirements:
• Working knowledge of real-time computer graphics and shader programming languages (e.g. GLSL, HLSL).
• Working knowledge of visual scripting languages (e.g. Unreal Blueprint, Unity shader graph, Houdini node graph).
• Experience developing plugins for 3D engines and software.
• Ability to create your own assets and animations in 3D software.
• 3D math skills.
• Experience with mobile platforms.
• Experience working on customer-oriented tools and products.
• Experience designing and defining feature requirements for tools or software
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with ambiguity.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at USRC@tiktok.com