Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.Location:
This is a remote based position and can live anywhere within the United States, within 1 hour of a major airport with the ability to travel 70%+ including overnight travel. Your Impact
You will own sales within your defined territory for Axon’s Dispatch (CAD), Records (RMS), and Use of Force and Internal Affairs management market. This is a new sales role within Axon where we’re moving fast, continuously innovating, and building repeatable sales motions and successful agency partners. Working for Axon’s Dispatch, Records, and Standards team is like working for a start-up but with the resources, relationships, and existing infrastructure of a mature publicly traded company.
Internal and external partnerships are key to the Dispatch, Records, and Standards effort at Axon. You are responsible for selling our products and services primarily to PSAPs and Law Enforcement Agencies and will work with the existing Account Executives in your territory to collaboratively sell across Axon’s suite of software and hardware product. You will also engage in deep dive discovery and thought leadership dialogue with agencies, external stakeholders, and trade organizations. Your ability to think creatively, articulate complex solutions, uncover latent pain, build and maintain senior and end user level relationships, and manage complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders is what will make you successful.
This is a quota carrying position. We are looking for passionate and driven individuals who want to achieve remarkable goals while striving to create an environment where people can succeed and enjoy coming in to work every day. Your Day-to-Day
- Work with existing Axon Account Executives to craft bundled or staggered sales strategies that maximizes Axon’s solutions footprint at each agency
- Manage your defined territory by building pipelines, closing new deals, and continuously learning and understanding what problems Axon can help agencies solve
- Work with internal and external partners to establish relationships and help influence the Dispatch and Records products that Axon is building
- Develop and maintain client and partner relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth
- Own and build relationships with regional and national trade organizations such as NENA, APCO, and IACP
- Accountable for individual expense budget management
- Able to travel 70% + (3-4 days a week on the road) including overnight travel
- 5+ years successfully exceeding quota selling SaaS solutions to enterprise and/or government agency customers (experience and knowledge of the public safety and law enforcement market is a plus but not required)
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales cycles, work with multiple stakeholders, uncover known and latent pain, and articulate ways that you can solve that pain (i.e. value)
- Demonstrated ability to sell disruptive solutions into an existing competitive market
- Experience with executive level engagements and communication
- Able to clearly and directly articulate complex solution offerings across technical and non-technical audiences
- Data management experience using Salesforce (preferred) or similar CRM
- Strong understanding of Virtualization and Cloud
Compensation And Benefits
- Entrepreneurial spirit ready to dig in and disrupt a competitive market
- Working knowledge of PSAP and Law Enforcement procurement processes and organizational needs is a plus but not required
- Startup experience
- Team Player: collaborate with various team members regularly
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.